Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chicken Tractors and more

The boys were hired a few weeks ago to build a chicken tractor. Corban got a few ideas from our brethren in North Carolina, but then did the rest from there. Here are some pictures of that project. They got paid real good for it ... WOW. Corban was excited that he got good pay for something he enjoyed doing and now he is thinking about building / selling some more. In case anyone does not know what a chicken tractor is (because there was a time when we did not know either!) ... it is basically a movable yard for chickens. Not all of them have little houses with them, but some do.

the back opens up for easy cleaning



Corban has also been busy making bluebird houses (pictured below), wren houses (not pictures) and bird feeders (below). He is figuring out the cost and time spent right now to determine if any or all will be worth trying to sell. He is also still deciding how to finish them off ... stain, paint, or ?

And just for the 'fun' of it, here are two more pictures ... Corban visiting the chicks and Brianna talking to a dear sister in Michigan.

6 comments:

  1. WOW !
    Nice. I have some Mennonite friends in Seymour that build these for a nice price. Corban could really start something there.
    I myself would like one (though smaller for 6 hens or so) in my backyard. . . Let me know what he would charge for something like that, if he feels he could/would. . . .
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if yall ever want to visit this cold place just let us know! :):)
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that chicken tractor! Almost wish I could live in one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corban really did a nice job on the chicken tractor! It looks great! Thanks for explaining "chicken tractor" too. I did not know what it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love them all :)

    Blessings, Renee

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!