Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sourdough Cake


In continuing on with our sourdough series, here is a video demonstration on how to make healthy, yummy, sourdough cake. The written recipe is in the video description on youtube - just click on the bottom right corner of the video where it says "youtube" and it will automatically take you to it, though you will probably have to click on "show more" to see the whole description.

Enjoy!!

PS - Next tuesday [Lord willing] I will post sourdough biscuits :~)

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me please. How much doesa starter weigh in grams. i like to weigh all my ingrediends and not use cups.
    Also when we use a starter do we have to put back exactly what we have taken out.

    Thanking you

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patricia - thank you for your comment. I'm not sure how much the starter weighs in grams. It is not an exact thing for me ... I go more by sight and touch. How does it look? How does it feel when I am stirring it?
    The cake batter is to be pretty thick - this is more of an indicator than anything else. I'm sorry I cannot be more exact!!! But this is just the way I do it.

    I try to maintain about 1/2c - 1c of starter. As long as your starter is within that range you should be fine. I do not keep my starter at an exact measurement :) I just 'eyeball it'. Once you have been working with a starter for a while you will eventually fall into what works the best for you. For example, I have been at it for several years - it's just automatic and I don't think about it. My daughter on the other hand does not normally work with it so when she does she has to ask me questions. Ask 5 people and you might get 5 different answers :)

    Have a great day!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!