Saturday, June 27, 2015

Fruit in Mexico

We recently went to Mexico to witness a beautiful wedding (see photos here; hear message here - English and Spanish) ... I am SO THANKFUL I was able to go. Not only did I get to witness a godly union between two very sweet young people, but also the weather was perfect (75/55, dry, high elevation), the people were so friendly, and there was good food and FRUIT everywhere. We got big glasses (24oz or so) of fresh squeezed juice from a street vendor for 15 pesos each (just over a dollar). But one vendor stuck out ... the woman stopped me by offering a taste of a fruit. She had my number I guess. She kept offering us this kind and that kind and another kind, all really good but I do not remember all of the names. And then all at once she motioned like I must have my photo taken with the fruit. She started moving things out of the way and making room for me and a man ... must be her husband ... so the photo was just about ready and then he shoved a cantaloupe in my hand. Funny! They were super nice people.


Needless to say, the hotel people had to clean up a juicy mango mess every morning. I honestly did my best to keep things clean but they were so juicy and I did not have the proper tools, paper towels, etc. so I did get a few drops on the floor and our trash was filled with mango peels each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!