Friday, March 23, 2012

Nifty tips to help organize

A friend of mind forwarded me an email with these nifty tips in it. I would never use some of these tips, but I figured some might, so why not post them? I did however delete one that had to do with xmas; I cannot support that holiday. The wrapping paper one was questionable to me as well ... seeing how we do not participate in anything that requires wrapping a gift ... but I sure did think the organizing tip for that was genius! Enjoy! Oh wait, one more thing ... who has that many sheet sets to spare?! And all matching at that?!

Clever Ideas to Make Life Easier
Why didn’t I think of that?  We guarantee you’ll
be uttering those words more than once at these
ingenious little tips, tricks and ideas that solve
everyday problems.


Hull strawberries easily using a straw.


Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture
will disguise dings and scrapes. 


Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or
computer screen with WD-40.


Stop cut apples browning in your child’s lunch box
by securing with a rubber band.


Overhaul your linen cupboard - store bed linen sets
inside one of their own pillowcases and there will
be no more hunting through piles for a match.


Pump up the volume by placing your iPhone & iPod
in a bowl. The concave shape amplifies the music.


Re-use a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags.


Add this item to your beach bag.  Baby powder
gets sand off your skin easily. Who knew?!


Attach a Velcro strip to the wall to store soft toys.


Use wire to make a space to store gift wrap rolls
against the ceiling, rather than cluttering up the
floor.


Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a
stocking over the vacuum hose.


Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting
crosses into a box lid.


For those who can’t stand the scrunching and
bunching: how to perfectly fold a fitted sheet.


Forever losing your bathroom essentials?  Use
magnetic strips to store bobby pins, tweezers
and clippers behind a vanity door.

 

Store shoes inside shower caps to stop dirty
soles rubbing on your clothes.  And you can
find them in just about every hotel.


A muffin pan becomes a craft caddy.  Magnets
hold the plastic cups down to make them
tip-resistant.


Bread tags make the perfect cord labels.


Bake cupcakes directly in ice-cream cones - so
much more fun and easier for kids to eat.


Microwave your own popcorn in a plain brown paper
bag.  Much healthier & cheaper than the packet stuff.



Install a tension rod to hang your spray bottles.


Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie-dough
over the top and voila, you have cookie bowls for fruit
or ice-cream. 
Hmmm ... try this ... making the cookie cups on the reverse side of the muffin pan ... THEN ... fill 2 cups w/ ice cream & stick 'em together face to face to make a ball ... THEN cover 'em w/ chocolate & freeze 'em again!?


Freeze Aloe Vera in ice-cube trays for soothing
sunburn relief.


Create a window-box veggies patch using guttering.

10 comments:

  1. Wrapping paper is great for drafting patterns on. People often give away the last little bits on rolls. This saves from having to tape newspaper together for larger pieces and keeps hands and fabric from getting smudged with newsprint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures aren't coming through for me. :(

    I use empty kleenex boxes to store my plastic store bags.

    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tia - I don't know why the pictures are not working? I wonder if anyone else is having this problem?

    Ami - you are right ... there are other uses for wrapping paper beside wrapping gifts; thanks for the reminder. I'll have to keep that in mind for making our own dress patterns ... right now we just do whatever we can (including taping newspaper together!), but we do see wrapping paper at the thrift store and at garage sales some times. Great frugal tip!

    God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were interesting to read, Joanne! My mother in law uses an empty kleenex box in the car for used tissues and other trash. She also stores her store receipts in a tissue box, one for each year. I just used wrapping paper to help my son build a kite. Don't know if it will fly, but it was a fun mother/ son project. I also like wrapping paper for patterns.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I could not see the photos either. I thought it was my computer until I read the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne,
    The pictures aren't coming up for me either. I think this happened to one of the pix I posted as well when I just copied and pasted. All the pictures I uploaded from the computer seemed to work fine.
    Just a thought.
    Thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is gift wrap "questionable"? Just curious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure how you published the photos, but it could be a coding issue. You may have to host them on a photo site like photobucket.com, and then copy/paste the link back on your blog. Or do what someone else said and save them to your computer and then upload them onto your blog.

    I like the shower cap idea for shoes! As for sheet sets, we actually only have one set, which means on laundry day I have to do them early enough in the day so we can sleep on them at night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A few comments here. First, one to all. I'm sorry about the pictures not showing up for some of you. Yes, I copied and pasted it right from an email. I thought of trying to make the pictures work by downloading each one onto my computer and then getting them all up correctly, but honestly I just do not have the time!!!! You'll have to use your imaginations ;)

    To the anonymous commenter who asked about why the gift-wrap idea was questionable ... we do not participate in anything that requires gift wrap, so this idea does not apply to us. I really appreciate Ami's idea of using wrapping paper for dress patterns. WOW. So now when I see wrapping paper at the thrift store or garage sales, I'll know exactly what i can use it for AND I'll know how to store it!

    I hope that answers your question? But maybe you were wondering why we do not participate in anything that requires gift wrap? If that's the case, I'll briefly try to explain. We see through history and the bible that participating in birthdays were pagan things to do. Also we see through history and the bible that xmas had/has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. Both birthdays and xmas come with wrapped gifts ... thus the need for gift wrap if you participate in these days or the lack of a need for gift wrap if you do not participate in these days.

    I hope that clarifies things. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for letting me know.

    AMI: Just checking in to let you know we got a great deal on a bunch of xmas wrapping paper and Brianna has really appreciated it for making dress patterns. Thanks again for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!