Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken update

[Final post of today ... 3 total]

Well ... here is a chicken update finally. I'm sure you all in blogger world were just anxiously awaiting this moment ... not. Our girls are doing very well except we suspect two of them were stolen. Small town crimes. Yeap. Here are the remaining 8 saying hello. They are still as friendly and loving as ever.


And we have a few more additions to our little flock. Last summer we purchased 3 chicks at the farmers market. The woman said they were silkies, however the grey one looks quite a bit different than the white ones. He/she was from a different batch and was a few weeks older than the white ones. He has distinct feathers on his body while the white ones are more fluffy. Maybe someone can tell me what we have here?!

First I'll put older pictures of the chicks the day they came home. After that I will share a video of them that I took today. If you know exactly what they are, please let me know!!
No names yet ...
BUSTER


3 comments:

  1. I've got a gray silkie hen w/ feathers like his. I don't know if she's half silkie or another odd branch off of the chicken tree. Being the only silkie she has bred the most interesting mongrel chickens in our flock; some beautiful & some are competitors for ugliest chicken in the county contests. Not that such contests are held but if there were I might think of signing them up. I think she looks like a muppet as they've got the domed head feathers & feathered legs, extra toe & spurs even on the hens. Some people think she is the most beautiful chicken they've ever seen & an equal number swear that she's the ugliest. I like her though, they lay a good size egg & she has only ever hatched out hens for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUPPETS! You just 'hit the nail on the head'! I enjoyed your comment, thanks :) God bless you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cute little noises the chickens in the first video are making :)

    Why do I think Tweedledee and Tweedledum when I look at those two unnamed fuzzy chicks? Although since they are birds, the names would have to be spelled Tweetledee and Tweetledum ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!