Sunday, January 12, 2014

Homeschooling - Studying Countries

I guess I do not talk much about homeschooling on this blog, so maybe I will not get much response to this post :) But here goes anyway! I guess after this I might be sharing more about homeschooling.

We purchased a really nice, large, laminated wall map of the world the other day and hung it in our dining room. This has re-awakened a desire in me to study each country in alphabetical order (Afghanistan first) ... so over the next few days I hope to have a little time to search out resources that would be good AND free. Maybe someone out there knows of some links to share?

My idea is to make some sort of form to fill out on each country and this will act as a cover page of sorts; this form might already exists in various ways for free online? At the very least, I can get ideas from what's already out there and personalize it to suit our needs and interests. We might keep each country in a separate folder or maybe all together in a binder (or two or more) by continent or what I don't know? The cover sheet will contain basic information about the country like government, religion, language, population, capital, major cities, popular folk song, popular food/dish, etc. Does anyone have more ideas on what would be good for this cover page?

Beyond the cover page will be more specific things. Maybe some notes we take, maps, a recipe we found and tried with a space for the results (did we like it?), a copy of the song, examples of their dress, etc. I don't know, I'm just in the brainstorming stage right now so feel free to add to the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!