Saturday, May 31, 2014

Update with photos

Well, spring has come and is now almost gone. I started a new sourdough starter outside a few days ago ... I didn't think to take photos so I might make a new one to show how it's done. We'll see how ambitious I get! Here are a few photos that are 'springy' ...

bleeding hearts in our front yard

hummingbird at our feeder

Corban raking hay

Tylor (left) planting trees

The garden in the church parking lot is doing very well!! Everything is thriving, we are being diligent to check on it daily, pulling weeds, etc. Tomorrow morning we'll probably do the liquid fish fertilizer. I'll take photos or a video and share if I remember. We decided to only do a small garden this year so I am able to handle it mostly by myself with whatever help I can get when it's available. It's working out very well. The large gardens are nice ... except they put us under too much pressure and we cannot do that right now. Besides, whatever we lack there is usually someone in our fellowship that is more than happy to fill in. We've already been getting a few really nice, garden fresh tomatoes from one family that sells at farmers markets. They get an early start in the green house and the tomatoes are fabulous! Another family has given us salad greens and strawberries. Yum!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!