Thursday, June 17, 2010

Greetings!

Hello everyone! I'm Becky- my family lives with Joanne and her family at our church. She invited me to join in on her blog to share on different topics dealing with the home and our health. I hope that this blog will be helpful to all who are seeking to have a frugal home and to do it the healthy way. Since this is my first post on Joanne's blog, I wanted to find a great how-to recipe to share with everyone:) Lately, I have been researching about home remedies and ways to use herbs in our daily lives. I get a news e-letter from a website called Herb Mentor. Today I was looking through some of the back issues and discovered this healthy and fun recipe- How to make Blueberry Soda.


We have been experimenting with Kombucha tea. It's fun doing it at home and seeing it form new scobys(Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast) aka mushroom lookin thingys. When it's done fermenting, it taste like slightly sweetened Ginger Ale or Apple Cider. I really enjoy it and my boys like it too.

I think Joanne might do a post sometime in the future on Kombucha in case some of you are wondering why we would drink a fermented mushroom thingy tea. So anyways, when I saw this recipe, I was pretty excited as it is along the same lines as kombucha; it uses a healthy fermentation to achieve carbonation. So if you are wondering how to make your own healthy, low sugar soda, here is a good one to start with.

For more articles and free herb courses check out Herb Mentor and also their other site Learning Herbs.

Let us know if you make a batch of fruit soda, we'd love to know how it turned out:)

God Bless,
Becky

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Becky. blueberry soda sounds yummy! I follow Joanne on fb (found her via another person on fb) So, just visited her blog today and found this post by you. :)

    I think God is awesome in providing for your families via this church family.

    Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more posts.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Becky :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!