Friday, December 13, 2013

Frugal Fridays: Reuse what you have ...

For today's 'frugal fridays' instalment I would like to share a post from a blog I subscribe to: HOW TO REUSE EVERYDAY OBJECTS. I especially appreciated the cereal box magazine holders (you can use cardboard instead for something studier and put cookbooks in them) and the old book bookshelves.

I would like to add "uses for mason jars" to the list. We use mason jars for many things ...

- Bulk spices
- Leftovers
- Organizing small objects (we each have our own in the bathroom cabinet for our toothbrushes, floss, clippers, and other small bathroom-type things)
- Organizing not-so-small objects (also in the bathroom I have quart size jars with different things in each jar: extra bars of homemade soap, flossers, q-tips, cotton balls, and so on)
- Storing smaller amounts of grains (the end bits of bulk packages of rice, oats, etc. go well in a half or full gallon mason jar)
- Drinking glasses (everyone has their own with their name written on it)

There are so many things you can do with mason jars!! I am sure I missed a few but maybe you have some suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!