Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tasty Tuesday! Roasted Brussels Sprouts ... YUMMY!

I really, really like roasted Brussels Sprouts, so today I decided to show you how I make them. In the photos below you'll see some carrot slices in there as well ... that was because at that particular meal I did not have enough Brussels Sprouts to feed all the eaters, so I supplemented with carrots. They complement each other well, but I prefer to leave them solo.

And just to let you all know, I did not care much for Brussels Sprouts UNTIL I tried them this way. Now I just look forward to whenever I can find them at a good price and I really hope to grow some this coming year.

Cut off bottoms, cut in half, and peal the off-colour leaves.

Place in baking dish and toss with plenty of olive oil and salt.

Bake at 500 degrees till you see some brown/black spots.

You may squeeze fresh lemon juice over all when done, however it tastes fine without it too.

1 comment:

  1. Brussels sprouts are my #1 favorite vegetable, and I am going to try something like this. I actually usually eat them pickled/canned in jars, made like garlic dill pickles, so good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!